Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Chocolate Dreams



On a trip to New York City, my husband and I ate at some overpriced restaurant before going to a Broadway show.  It was a nice enough meal, professional service, blah, blah, blah.  When it came time for dessert, the waiter flourished a bowl of fruit and said, "Perhaps the lady would care for some lovely fruit for dessert?"

Now, I like fruit.  But I'm from the Midwest.  Fruit, no matter how ripe and luscious, is not a restaurant dessert in my book.  Serve it at brunch.  Eat a quick bowl for breakfast.  Enjoy for lunch when tired of salad.  Have some for a snack.

But it's just not dessert.  I'd rather eat cheese for my final course, like the French, before I ordered a bowl of fruit.

Bless Mr. Tallgrass, I'm sure he saw my look of dismay.  He leaned over to the waiter and said in a mock-whisper:

"The lady likes CHOCOLATE."

Oh yes!  I LOVE CHOCOLATE.  The more, the richer, the darker, the better.

And that's what I was thinking when I saw this brocade.  Rich chocolate goodness.  Had to have some of it!



It's satiny and delicious.  It could be yours too because I made an extra for Etsy.



And what did Santa bring me for Christmas?


I must have been a good girl this year.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments! Talk to me.