Thursday, March 10, 2011

Home Grown Produce

At Casa de Tallgrass, the resident chef (Mr. Tallgrass, not me!) has been working on perfecting pan con tomate, a delicious treat from Cataluña in Spain.  Basically, it's toasted bread that has been rubbed with garlic and ripe tomato.  I could eat it alone as a meal with a glass (or two) of Garnacha.  Yum!

The only problem?  Finding a good, ripe tomato this time of year.  Oh, we have big dreams of home-grown tomatoes this summer.  Then I can enjoy pan con tomate with a cold cerveza!

Do you anticipate the days of digging in your own dirt or strolling farmers markets for fresh produce?  I just finished a new handpainted sign to celebrate home grown produce.


Simple.  Just like great fruits and vegetables should be.

Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments! Talk to me.