Saturday, June 1, 2013

Garden Walk at Twilight

No, I'm not talking about the young adult fiction series about a peculiar love triangle.

I'm talking about that wonderful time of day between light and dark.  In a couple of weeks I wouldn't dare be outside this time of day, even coated with bug spray.  But the mosquitoes haven't been too bad yet.

Shall we take a stroll through the garden?  One variety of lavender is in full bloom.


The peonies were behind schedule this year.  They finally bloomed this week, and then torrential rain promptly knocked over the pretty blooms.


The mint broke from its pot last year and bolted.  It looks pretty now, but it will be a problem I'll have to remedy soon.


There aren't many blooms on the lilac this year, but they still smell wonderful.


My favorite annual is the geranium.  I remember a great-grandmother had potted geraniums.  They always remind me of her.  


Gardening evokes such wonderful memories of those who came before me.  Do you have a flower that reminds you of someone or someplace special?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments! Talk to me.