Friday, February 19, 2016

Yellow Tulips before Spring Storm

We are enjoying unseasonably warm weather in my neck of the woods, but my goodness, the wind yesterday was fierce! Today is slightly calmer, and tomorrow is supposed to be our third day of temperatures in the 70s. Bring on spring!

In celebration of springtime in the Midwest, I have a new painting to share.


Yellow Tulips before Spring Storm
Acrylic on canvas board, 8 inches by 10 inches
Available for purchase here.

I probably should have modified the name of this one slightly. "Yellow Tulips BEFORE Spring Storm" because anyone familiar with the driving rain, whipping wind, and possible hail that comes with spring in the Heartland, these poor tulips won't be so pretty after the storm passes.

I really enjoyed capturing the fading blue skies as the dark grey moved in. Gather ye tulips while ye may. And here's a close up...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments! Talk to me.