Tuesday, April 12, 2011

London Calling

After rush hour subsided this morning, I went downtown to Kansas City's Union Station to see the Diana exhibit featuring The Dress of the 20th Century.  I couldn't help myself.  I remember my mother waking me extra-early so I could see the footage of her wedding on TV. And I got up royally early to watch her funeral. How often do you get to see history unfold before your eyes?
So with all the buzz about William and Kate's wedding, I just had to see Diana's dress in person while it was in town.


It's not my first brush with Diana's fantastic style.  I saw several of her gowns on a visit to Kensington Palace in 2004.  And I've actually seen Prince Charles before.  At the Tower of London.  Going into the Waterloo Barricks, which are where the crown jewels are kept.  No kidding!  You can see a picture here.  Needless to say, there were a lot of jokes in the crowd that he was stopping by to try on the crown.

The traveling Diana exhibit is interesting, so if you are a royal-watcher and you are in the KC area, check it out.  At $25 per person, the tickets are pretty pricey.  (Tip: Be sure to have a few one dollar bills with you to pay for parking.)  Plan for another $5 if you want the optional self-guided audio tour.
In celebration of all things British, I'm featuring a few items from my Etsy shop.




And yes, I'll be setting my alarm clock so I can watch the next generation of royalty get hitched.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments! Talk to me.