Monday, November 7, 2011

Just in Time for Winter

We had snow in our forecast last week.  Thankfully, Mother Nature didn't deliver.

The day before Halloween I swept the front porch in anticipation of the trick or treaters, and then looked at the bushes.  The pyracantha was encroaching on the sidewalk (again), so I decided to give it a quick trim.


This bush is a beast.  I decided to take it a step further and really went after it with the hand pruners.


There are 6 inches of sidewalk that haven't been seen in years!  I love that the pyracantha has shape now and visual interest around the trunk rather than just being a solid green mass.  Next spring, I'll begin trimming it back even further, but I'm very pleased with it now.

Our maple came into its full color last week.



And I finished the quilt last week!  Pictures coming in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments! Talk to me.