Thursday, January 24, 2013

Color Correction

My husband is now fully on board with making some much needed updates to our home.  We're finally replacing the 90's builder-grade lighting, which means I've spent a lot of time on ladders.

We picked out a new light for the foyer from a big box store, but we didn't like the companion flush-mount light for the hall upstairs, so we went with another model from the same manufacturer since it had a similar, Tuscan-style finish.


Opening the first box, it seems the color of the trim was a lot lighter than what was depicted on the box.  It was more like an orange than a brown.  Hmmm...

Then I opened the second box.  Were my eyes playing tricks on me?  This was nothing like a Tuscan-brown.  It's yellow.  Can I live with it?  The answer was clearly going to be NO.


And at this point, I was frustrated.  I doubled-check the boxes to make sure they both the same finish.  They were, and the SKUs were identical.  I liked the style, but the color was all wrong.  So I did what any crafty DIY blogger would do.


Yes, I painted them with my favorite craft paint.


I'm happy with the end results.

I'm working on a big project this week that I can't wait to share, hopefully next week.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by The 2 Seasons and sharing your story about your old dryer. I love stories like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it is always amazing what a little paint can do. I love the after and I had to go back and look at the before.
    Thanks for stopping by our blog and commenting about the dryer I thought that was such a sweet memory. We are hoping to keep that dryer for years. It did have an issue but my husband did some research ordered some new parts and it works like new. Hope you have a great day and again I am loving the "new" light.

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments! Talk to me.