Monday, June 25, 2012

Garden Statuary

Since I'm running out of room for new plants, this year I decided to focus more on decor and hardscaping.  Well, at least planning for future hardscaping.

I found this statue at a thrift store last spring.  She's about three feet tall and was covered in green and gold paint.  Yikes!


Inspired by classic bronze statues, I toned down that gold paint with oil rubbed bronze spray paint, then dry brushed her with two shades of craft paint.  Then she was sealed with multiple coats of clear sealer.


With less gold and more bronze, she's a lovely addition to the garden.  Check out that curve of her right shoulder!


I think she might have originally been a fountain.


For now, she's nestled between the feather reed grass and the salvia.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments! Talk to me.