Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Mini Pear (Using Leftovers)

Waste not, want not. So often I have paint leftover on the palette when I'm finished with a painting, and I don't like to see it go to waste.

I keep smaller canvases around for this reason. Sometimes I'll just spread the leftover paint across it, and come back to it later to finish it. But this little pear I whipped up quickly after I finished Yellow Tulips Before Spring Storm. Recognize the color scheme?


Mini Pear
Acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas, 4 inches by 4 inches
Available for purchase here

Measuring 4 inches by 4 inches on a wrapped canvas, it's a cutie. The palette knife strokes are heavy so there is a lot of texture on this little fellow, even on the sides. Have a close up...


(detail)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments! Talk to me.